Tuesday 5 August 2008

Work, sleep....and getting the T-shirt

I was in the office when Ben was clearing out resources after Popham and he gave me a staff T-shirt, "Well, you helped at Popham".

Made my day!

It is red with a warning triangle and says WARNING PLEASE ENSURE THIS PERSON IS AWAKE BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS......

It could have been made for me. I don't get a heck of a lot of sleep. A runway and taxi-way are being constructed and the gravel lorries start trundling past my tent and the main hangar at around 6a.m. . Cath has recommended a spot at the far side of the airfield which has a small lake - a quiet spot, though I still need to make the Air Traffic Control tower aware. This is not for my camp, as such, but a place where I can catch some shut-eye in the day.

Yesterday I put in a solid few hours on Air Law, which kept me active and awake, and maybe that is as much the problem. Maybe I am blobbed out because I am slowing down from work...and under-active?

So, I talked to the engineer, Dave ( who I helped putting a canopy on an aeroplane last week) and said if he ever needed an apprentice, etc....and he says he'd be glad of my help. I like him; he's a really good bloke and we've had some interesting chats. He's into Morgan-style sports cars and knows motorbikes, as well as being a passionate pilot.

So, if the weather grounds me today I am putting rough clobber on and dismantling an aeroplane (airframe and engine).



No comments: