I am pretty much determined now on continuing on flex wing, even though it is more of a fair weather aeroplane type than a 3-axis/fixed wing....and even though I have had another day of terrible weather. I'll get there in the end. I'd just hoped that if I dedicated a month to this I'd make more progress than this (and I have to admit that I am missing home, friends, etc...and could be getting on with the van restoration if I was there).
Rebecca tested me on my Air Law and I got about 90% right, which would be a pass, easily, but I haven't done all of it yet and won't need it until just before I solo, so I have a bit of time to work on it....along with the other areas of study.
The weather looked hopeful this morning. I was woken at 6am by a club member getting his trike out. Around 8 Ben was very hopeful I'd fly all three of my slots, but by 9 the visibility was very poor and the cloud base below 250'. Phil said he'd take me up later, just to show me what low visibility like this would really mean....but there was insufficient visibility all day, even for this; at best the cloud base got to about 700' and the tower grounded us.
So, I went down to the Engineering department and Dave set me to work to remove battery, carbs, fuel (using a "wank" pump, which I couldn't get going; Dave seemed to have the action down to a tee though), water system and propeller. Most of it went ok, though I feared I had knackered one of the carbs, when I reseated one of the pistons badly. Had images of having to work for them to pay for the repair! But it was ok. It was great to get my hands dirty and to be in "men and their tools" mode.