Thursday 28 August 2008

I got a "lovely"

Phil

The day started well with an hour in the circuit, initially doing gliding approaches, then powered ones, which I quickly realised I didn't really know; thought I'd done them but perhaps not. Phil prompted me on height control so I made a particular point of maintaining 1,000'. Phil got me doing the downwind calls and I promptly rattled out the downwind checks and remembered to check the dead side for aircraft cutting in. In short, all the ingredients are coming together and Phil used the feared SOLO word as we walked across to the hangar to update the tech-log. I don't dare mention it. I just said, "So, it is all coming together" and he said, "Yes, it is coming together very nicely".

Oh, and I got a "that was a lovely landing".

No comments: