Friday 20 February 2009

Mock Exam done

Well, it is 5 a.m. and I have just emailed my answers to Neill, and I feel pretty confident. It was great fun and unlike exams I have done in the past, where I felt I had to just blag my way and hope for the best, I went into this confidently and enjoyed the challenge. My Dotty Dog rule stood me in good stead and my triangles of velocities held up, though I did have a minor panic about measuring A-X2 for Ground speed, but it came back to me just in time.

Really the only thing that taxed me was plotting on a 1:500,000 chart, as I had concentrated most revision on the 1:250,000 chart, which is easier to read, especially as the Transverse Mercator projection means that you can slide two rules at right angles to get a plot, which you can't do with a curved line of latitude.

Anyway, can't wait for my results! If I have done as well as I think, I am ready to take the exam and might as well go to Sywell to take it, whether it is flyable this weekend or not.

This all goes to prove that the best way to learn something is to try to teach it to someone else - and it also proves the benefit of visual mnemonics.

No comments: