Thursday 19 February 2009

just had a *@G*!^*! moment

*******! - this was going to be a superb mnemonic...but I just realised that my sofa was misremembered. So....

For god's sake do not memorise this.



IT WAS a great inspiration. I needed a way of remembering the rest of my Dotty Dog formula. This pictorial mnemonic. Dotty dog x A-Z over sofa
where Dotty Dog is Distance off track x 60 over Distance gone
A-Z is Total Track (all the way from A-Z) Sofa is Distance gone SoFar

SOFAr is the big mistake.....because it is not so far, but distance TO GO

(I shouldn't really publish this, but seems a shame to waste the effort! Blame me when future students all get this question wrong!

I can keep the dog and the A-Z but I need to replace the sofa with a means of recalling DISTANCE TO GO. I suppose I could move the sofa and have my dotty dog sitting on it, as that part of the formula is about how far I have gone so far, but it confuses things, I reckon, and could make the DOG redundant, poor thing.....and I really love that dog!

No comments: