Monday 25 January 2010




Yesterday, before flying, I fitted some extensions to my wing trolley - for supporting my base bar. I was rather pleased because I made them up from scrap and had accurately estimated the dimensions. The trolley I have borrowed didn't have any. The rounded holders are from an old climbing frame. I am rather chuffed with the result.


I have plenty of room in my hangar bay, as you can see. Next week I am taking down some concrete slabs, like those in the neighbouring bay (left), so that my trolley runs straight in and out smoothly. I am also making a long pulling handle for moving it while holding the wing.


This was a great idea of Lizzie's because it means flying with the minimum of rigging, while the days are so short. Once they are long again, I can justify spending time rigging and de-rigging...and still get lots of flying in.

I have flown two weekends running now.




click images to enlarge

No comments: