Saturday 27 September 2008

Anxious tinkering

I have been tinkering with my bike this afternoon, rigging up some hooks for my saddle bags, getting ready for the early morning 100+ miles to Sywell. I'll be up just after 5 and on the road just after 6, and if the weather holds, as promised, it should be a swift and comfortable ride. I haven't been late, even on a wet day, so I am not worried about timing, but I am a bit anxious about how I will fare after 12 days out of the cockpit. That's the longest gap I have ever had, and it isn't like my flying was my best last time.

I have booked into the B&B. They are giving me an en-suite for the price of a standard single, so I shall have a good night after an exhausting day of landings, or whatever Neill has in store for me.

Fingers crossed for a great couple of days. I hope I haven't forgotten much!

No comments: