Apparently Paul is away on holiday. So that puts paid to any plans to get flying for a week or so.
But in a way that is a good thing. When there is a chance of a gap in bad weather or a chance to go and get something done on the plane, or whatever (when you are dependent on others or other circumstances) you play a waiting game; forever on edge, forever calculating likelihoods, forever watching the wind, forever mentally pacing up and down waiting, forever pitting hope against the fear of disappointment.
At least this way I know that for the next week I will not be disappointed....and can spend the time more productively: in this case, glazing my workshop.
My plane will get sorted out and there will be a gap in the weather and I will fly.
But not this week.